Larson Middle School | Attendance & Policies
Larson Middle School
2222 Long Lake Road - Troy, MI 48085
Office: (248) 823-4800
Attendance Line: (248) 823-4801
Larson Middle School
Students have five minutes of passing time to travel from classroom to classroom. Students must be in the room and in their seats when class begins. If a teacher confers with a student after class, that teacher should issue a pass excusing the student’s tardiness to the next class.
The following procedures will be followed:
- A student will be considered tardy if not in his/her seat when the bell rings indicating the beginning of class.
- Tardies will be recorded electronically by the teacher in Powerschool.
- When a student receives his/her 5th tardy during a ten-week period, the Assistant Principal will notify the student’s family that additional tardies will result in disciplinary action.
- When a student receives his/her 6th tardy, the Assistant Principal will notify the student’s family that a detention will be issued to the student. The Assistant Principal will meet with the student to brainstorm improvement strategies as well.
- When a student receives his/her 7th and/or subsequent tardies, administrative discretion will be used to determine progressive discipline.
STUDENT DRESS CODE LARSON MIDDLE SCHOOL
Guidelines for student dress are outlined in the TSD Student Code of Conduct
Larson students are expected to dress in compliance with the following guidelines:
- No bare midriffs are permitted. Shirts and tops must meet the waistline of jeans, pants, skirts or shorts (the “bottom of the top” should remain in contact with the “top of the bottom”).
- No backless or strapless tops are allowed. •
- No see-through or otherwise revealing clothing is allowed.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Jeans, pants, skirts or shorts must provide adequate coverage and be of reasonable length.
- Tops and bottoms must conceal all undergarments.
- Non-prescription sunglasses should not be worn in the school environment.
- Chains, handcuffs, and other metal paraphernalia on clothing are prohibited.
- Hats, bandanas, hoods and other head coverings are not to be worn in school.
- Clothing must not display inappropriate slogans and/or graphics including those related to or depicting behavior prohibited in the Code of Conduct