Larson Middle School
Students have five minutes of passing time to travel from classroom to classroom. Students must be in the room and in their seats when class begins. If a teacher confers with a student after class, that teacher should issue a pass excusing the student’s tardiness to the next class.
The following procedures will be followed:
- A student will be considered tardy if not in his/her seat when the bell rings indicating the beginning of class.
- Tardies will be recorded electronically by the teacher in Powerschool.
- When a student receives his/her 5th tardy during a ten-week period, the Assistant Principal will notify the student’s family that additional tardies will result in disciplinary action.
- When a student receives his/her 6th tardy, the Assistant Principal will notify the student’s family that a detention will be issued to the student. The Assistant Principal will meet with the student to brainstorm improvement strategies as well.
- When a student receives his/her 7th and/or subsequent tardies, administrative discretion will be used to determine progressive discipline.