IM Cross Country starts Wednesday, September 11 after school from 2:40-3:40.
We will start with a meeting in the band room (101), followed by a proper warm up and start out with a one mile run.
Bring proper running shoes, running clothes and water.
There will be 2 meets again this year.
Run, hang out with friends and have fun!
See Coach Crecelius for a permission/information sheet.
- Practice Schedule
- Meet Schedule
- Larson Records
- Oakland County MS Track Meet
Junior High/Middle School Order of Events for Boys and Girls (Girls run first in 2019)
- 4 X 800 Meter Relay
- 55 Meter Hurdles (5 hurdles; 33” boys, 30” girls)
- 100 Meter Dash
- 4 X 200 Meter Relay
- 1600 Meter Run
- 4 X 100 Meter Relay
- 400 Meter Dash
- 70 Meter Dash
- 800 Meter Run
- 200 Meter Hurdles (5 hurdles, 35 meter intervals; 30”)
- 200 Meter Dash
- 3200 Meter Run
- 4 X 400 Meter Relay
- Shot Put (8 lb. 13 oz. or 4 Kg. for boys; 6 lb. for girls)
- Running High Jump
- Running Long Jump
All sprints including 70, 100, 200, & 400 runners should start from the blocks.
- how he enters the blocks
- runner take your mark position (37 seconds)
- get set position (38 seconds)
- arm drive (pause at 48 seconds)
- head position coming out for the first several steps
- How the runner prepares for the hurdle
- The height going over the hurdle
- How he minimizes jumping too high to keep him from slowing down
- Consistency of steps between each hurdle